5052 aluminum alloys and 6061 offer a wide range of design opportunities to benefit consumer electronics manufacturers. These light weight materials enable manufacturers to trim precious ounces, coupled with high strength to make smaller, thinner components feasible. While they score high marks for function, these alloys also take on an outstanding variety of end products.
Material strength, attractive finish and anodizing are all priorities for aluminum in the electronics industry. This is where 5052 and 6061 alloy reaches their greatest benefits. They are considered the preferred choice in the market for consumer electronics casings and is also used extensively in larger electronics like notebook computers, televisions and tablets. Alternatively, when strength and mechanical performance is a priority for your product, 6061 excels in both and is a outstanding solution for handheld devices and mobile phones.
5052 aluminum alloys with the greater need for fuel economy, both alloys are becoming the majority of metal used in the Automotive Industry. Combining its strength and low density, it offers a much lighter alternative than steel, which in turn lowers the weight of the vehicle and increases fuel efficiency. The new Ford F150 utilizes the 6061 almost exclusively in its body design and more manufactures are turning to these alloys in order to meet EPA regulations on fuel economy.
Applications of 5052 aluminum alloys sheet :
1. Aircraft, automobile and train
2. Aluminum reefer containers and special containers
3. PS base plate, CTP base plate, signs and nameplate
4. Electrical products shell, engineering machinery plate
5. Beverage bottle, cap, ring-pull, cosmetics shell and cover
6. Aluminum tread/embossed plate, quenched and pre-stretched plate
7. Building wall, ceilings, roofing, furniture cabinet and lighting plate
8. Shipping plate, solar reflective plate, corner protector and insulation materials
If you want to know about 5052 aluminum alloys, please tell us !
Next article Aluminum Alloys 6061 vs 5052 Applications